Password Self Service allows you to easily and securely manage your password for Portal/LCA/Exchange. By using the Self-Service Web site, you can reset and/or change your password.
To start using Password Self Service, you must create your personal Questions and Answers profile. Q&A profile is a series of questions that are presented to you later when you reset your forgotten password. To create or update your Q&A profile, you must provide your answers to these questions and make sure that you are the only one who knows the correct answers.
Password Self Service provides the following key features:
- Global access. Password Self Service provides 24x7x365 access to the Self-service site from users' desktops, as well as via the Employee Portal from outside the corporate network.
- Strong data encryption and secure communication. Password Self Service relies on industry-leading technologies for enhanced communication security and data encryption, which ensures that you can manage your passwords securely.
- Cross-platform password management. Password Self Service allows you to manage your passwords on multiple systems.
- Password policies. Password Self Service informs you about the current administrator-defined policy requirements which your passwords must meet.
- Reliable authentication. To reset your password, you are prompted to answer a series of questions which you specify in your personal Questions and Answers profile when registering with Password Self Service.
- User-friendly web interface. Password Self Service offers a flexible and intuitive user interface and provides you with helpful password-related information.
User's Guide (552KB)